The Friends of Holland House support Holland House in a number of ways:
– by giving financial support through regular donations that enable the Friends to fund projects, events and purchases that enhance the House and the experience of those who visit.
– by volunteering time and practical assistance – helping in the House and gardens, supporting events and welcoming others to Holland House.
– by prayer, counsel and ongoing interest in the development of the House.
If you would like to know more email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Friends AGM is held in October each year. In 2020 it was held on Saturday October 10th at Holland House and by Zoom. (a report on the AGM is included in the Autumn Newsletter).
The 2021 AGM will be held in the afternoon of Sunday 17th October at Holland House.
A committee is elected each year. The current Chair of the Friends is Rev Brenda Morton. The committee meets three or four times each year and all Friends are welcome to come along to this open meeting – although only members of the committee can vote. This is an opportunity for other Friends to hear about the work of committee members and the Trustees and meet the Warden and other staff.
The next meeting of the committee will be on September 22nd at 2.30pm.
We keep in touch through an occasional newsletter, emails and this webpage as well as meeting up with Friends at Holland House events.
The Friends organise a weekend retreat each year and serve tea and cakes at the Cropthorne Walkabout when the House and gardens are open to visitors from near and far.Friends Weekend
During 2020 the Friends were pleased to be able to make a significant financial contribution to the installation of new IT communication facilities to enable events at Holland House to also be available on-line. More recently we have contributed to new carpetting in the Drawing Room and Entrance Hall areas and are also developing a Friends’ Reopening Programme including events open to all during 2021 as the House begins to open up again after being closed for much of the last year. See the Events listings for more information.
Becoming a Friend
A minimum annual donation of £20 is suggested.
To become a Friend:
- Download and complete an application form Friends membership form
- Click here to go to the online shop and make your first year’s donation Become a Friend
or you email email@example.com for more information.
(If you would like to set up a standing order for your Friend’s membership please download and complete Friends Bank Mandate )
We would love you to join us in supporting the ministry of the House, its Trustees, Warden and Staff through counsel, prayer, financial support and practical assistance