The Friends of Holland House support Holland House in a number of ways:
– by giving financial support through regular donations that enable the Friends to fund projects, events and purchases that enhance the House and the experience of those who visit.
– by volunteering time and practical assistance – helping in the House and gardens, supporting events and welcoming others to Holland House.
– by prayer, counsel and ongoing interest in the development of the House.
The Friends AGM is held in October each year. In 2020 it will be held on Saturday October 10th from 10.30am (followed by buffet lunch and time to meet other Friends). A committee is elected each year. The current Chair of the Friends is Rev Brenda Morton..
We keep in touch through an occasional newsletter (download the latest Summer/Autumn 2019), emails and this webpage as well as meeting up with Friends at Holland House events.
The Friends organise a weekend retreat each year ( 2020 – 1st -3rd May) and serve tea and cakes at the Cropthorne Walkabout (when the House and gardens are open to visitors from near and far). In 2020 this will be held 24th/25th May). Unfortunately owing to the current Covid19 emergency situation the Friends Weekend 2020 has had to be cancelled – we hope it will be possible to reschedule this for later in the year.
During 2019 the Friends supported the Holland House Appeal for renovations to the Chapel and House through the 17/18/19 Club. Participating members contributed to the Appeal regularly over the three years, 2017/2018/2019, and enjoyed special ‘club’ events.
From 2020 Friends will enjoy 5% discount on all bookings for themselves at Holland House.
Becoming a Friend
A minimum annual donation £20 is suggested.
To become a Friend:
1) Please click on the following link ‘Become a Friend’ , this will enable you to make an initial subscription and generates sending you a Welcome Pack.
2) Then download an application form Friends membership form , this includes a data consent section to enable us to email you, and the opportunity to set up a standing order for your subscriptions going forward.
Or you can contact us for more information.
(If you would like to set up a standing order for your Friend’s membership please download and complete Friends Bank Mandate )
We would love you to join us in supporting the ministry of the House, its Trustees, Warden and Staff through counsel, prayer, financial support and practical assistance