Would you like to spend more time at Holland House ? And help the wonderful staff to continue to provide a hospitable, friendly, comfortable environment for guests? Staff would welcome volunteers who can give a little – or more – of their time occasionally or regularly to help out with: –
- Chapel flower arranging
- Looking after the chapel vestments and vestry
- Running the bar during Friendly Lunches
- General gardening, weeding and re-potting seeds with gardener Julian
- Picking soft fruit and vegetables during summer months
- Varnishing/maintaining and repairing garden furniture
- Welcoming guests and showing them to their rooms on Friday afternoon/early evening
- Saying ‘Goodbye’ to guests on Sunday afternoon
- Leading/organising quiet days
And sometimes the Friends are asked to help with specific events – for example serving food at the summer Interfaith Picnic or afternoon teas at the Cropthorne walkabout.
Volunteer Gardening Days. Once a month Holland House hosts a Volunteer Gardening Day when lovers of gardening meet with Head Gardener Patrick Swan and spend a day working on the garden (10am – 4pm). We provide refreshments including a delicious sandwich lunch. Just click on this link which takes you to our events page, and book a place on the day you’d like to come. On line Shop
Email email@example.com if you can offer some time.